Apricot ( Prunus armeniaca, “Armenian plum”) is a fruit tree and also the name of the fruit from the tree. Apricot Tree is between 8 and 10 meters high. The flowers are white or light pink. The fruit resembles peach or nectarine and the color is yellow to orange, sometimes with red streaks. The surface is smooth and almost hairless. Apricots are stone fruit and have a core.
Apricots are originally from Pakistan and China, but it was long believed that they came from Armenia, which is reflected in the scientific name. It is claimed that the Romans took the tree to Europe through Armenia around 70 BC and they called it a praecox as it bloomed in early spring. Today, produced 85 percent of the world’s dried apricot and apricot kernels in Turkey (which is old Armenia )
In art, considered apricot symbolize pregnancy. What we see in Jan van Eyck painting spouses Arnolfinis betrothal from the 1434th
- # Armeniaca epirotica P. Gaertn., B. Mey. & Scherben. nom. illeg.
- # Armeniaca macrocarpa PoIT. & TURP. ex Duhamel
- # Armeniaca vulgaris Lam.# Prunus amarella Rchb.
- # Prunus armeniaca subsp. vulgaris Dippel nom. election.
- # Prunus tiliifolia Salisb. nom. illeg.
Apricot Kernel Hosts Internal, the seed itself, reminiscent of the closely related almonds. Just as there are sweet almond and bitter almond are the ordinary apricot kernels and bitter varieties. The bitter seeds contain amygdalin, the same substance in bitter almonds. Ground apricot kernels are used as a substitute for ground almonds, but usually when supplemented with a certain amount of almond flavor. For instance, contains almond cookies Amaretti di Saronno, about 48% apricot kernels, and 2% almonds.
- Wild apricots
- Agnes b apricot
- Apricot seeds and cancer cure
Find Out More About Fruits:
👉 Fruit Information
- All About Apricots 2021: Name, Symbol, Characteristics
- Incredible Health Benefits And Therapeutic Uses Of Bergamot Citrus Oil 2021: Know Its Origin and Distribution
- Health Benefits Of Bitter Orange, Citrus Aurantium 2021: Facts, Nutrients And Uses
👉 Fruit Recipes
- 4 Recipes Of Tamarind: Exotic Flavours From Tropical Africa 2021
- 7 Recipes Of Mulberries: Sweet Refreshing Treat Served Both Hot And Cold 2021
- 4 Recipes Of Coconut Water: Drinking And Dessert For Sweet Tooth 2021
👉 Planting And Fruit Guides