Breadfruit ( Artocarpus communis, Artocarpus incisa ) is the tropical fruit obtained from the breadfruit tree. Is so named because its flesh has a look similar to the pan.
Comes from the Pacific islands and Southeast Asia , specifically in the countries of Indonesia and New Guinea , according to literature. The breadfruit tree is already in prehistoric times in culture as wild in Polynesia , where it was imported by travelers to Europe .
Breadfruit has a round or oval, depending on the species, and generally are large compared to other fruits, as it can get to be 30 inches in diameter and weighing 2 to 4 kilograms. Its bark is green and its texture is thick and rough but may vary to a yellow color as it moves to maturity.
Inside has a pulp edible, sweet flavor, and aroma is pervasive. Can have seeds or not, there are varieties that have more than 60 seeds, similar in size to the chestnuts.
Due to its high amount of water and carbohydrate (as starch ) in addition to proteins and lipids, although less than before, are in excess of other fruits, is considered one of the most energetic fleshy fruits.
It has minerals such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and iron, and vitamins such as C, the most abundant, and to a lesser extent the A, B, B1, B2, and B3.
- Breadfruit pictures
- Where to buy breadfruit
- Cooking breadfruit
- Breadfruit taste
- Breadfruit calories
- Breadfruit nutrition facts
Find Out More About Fruits:
👉 Fruit Information
- Where Can Babaco Fruits Be Found? Facts About Babaco
- Everything About Buckthorn Plant, Oil, Sea Buckthorn And Growing
- Information About Sand Pears 2021: Scientific Names And Varieties
👉 Fruit Recipes
- Diet With Rich Fibre And Nutritional Fruits: 6 Recipes Of Kumquats For Fresh Taste And Exotic Combinations 2021
- 7 Recipes Of Peaches: Sweet Summer Refreshments With Excellent Health Benefits For Bowel And Blood Regulation 2021
- 6 Recipes Of Juniper Berry: Powerful Healthy Additions To Spice Up Your Regular Dishes 2021
👉 Planting And Fruit Guides