Amanatsu (Citrus x natsudaidai, also known as natsu mikan and daidai mikan) is a yellowish orange citrus fruit, about the size of grapefruit and oblate in shape. It is grown commercially almost exclusively in southern Japan, most notably in Kumamoto prefecture, where it is used for a wide variety of products ranging from marmalades to wines.
Amanatsu is a yellowish orange citrus fruit, a group of cultivars of natsumikan (Citrus natsudaidai), which were discovered in 1740 in the Yamaguchi prefecture of Japan. Natsumikan is about the size of grapefruit and oblate in shape. The fruit contains 12 segments and about 30 seeds.
Natsumikan is grown commercially in Japan, notably in Kumamoto and Ehime prefecture. The rough textured fruit is easy to peel and is commonly eaten fresh. It is also used for a wide variety of products ranging from marmalades to alcoholic beverages.
The natsumikan tree is believed to be derived from pomelo, Citrus grandis, or Citrus maxima.
Find Out More About Fruits:
👉 Fruit Information
- Where Can Babaco Fruits Be Found? Facts About Babaco
- History Of The Boysenberry Fruit: Family Of The Raspberry 2021
- Incredible Health Benefits And Therapeutic Uses Of Bergamot Citrus Oil 2021: Know Its Origin and Distribution
👉 Fruit Recipes
- 7 Recipes Of Fuji Apples: Sweet Baked Goods And Sauce For Your Delicious Dinner 2021
- 4 Recipes Of Star Fruit: Tropical Sunshine To Add To Cocktails Sweets And Desserts 2021
- 7 Recipes Of Blackberries: Antioxidant Jewels To Add To Your Dishes And Smoothies
👉 Planting And Fruit Guides