Sand Pears ( Pyrus pyrifolia ) is a species of pear genus in the family Rosaceae. It is also known as nashipäron, Japanese pear, Chinese pear, Chinese pear, and improper apple pear. The species occurs in China, Laos, and Vietnam and is grown in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, USA, and China.
The tree is deciduous and can be 5-12 m high. Young shoots with collections of woolly hair, hairless second year. Mature branches are reddish-brown or purple-brown. The leaves are 6.5 to 11 × 3.5 to 6 cm, oblong ovate to ovate, with rounded or uddspetsiga hjärtlik bass, later naked. Leaf edges with forward-facing teeth. Petiole 3 to 4.5 cm. The flowers are 6-9 together and are white. Feed The teeth are 4-5 mm and the petals from 1.5 to 1.7 × 1.1 to 1.3 cm. Stamens are 18-21. Pistils 4-5. Fruits from 2.5 to 15 cm (or more) in diameter, round, yellow to brown with white pores.
Three varieties are recognized:
- was. pyrifolia – the fruits are brown, 2.5 to 3.5 cm in diameter. Central China.
- was. cults – the cultivated sandpäronet. Have longer and wider blades. Fruits are apple-shaped, yellow or brown, to 15 cm in diameter (500 g), or more. They are juicy, crisp.
- was. stapfiana – the fruits are pear-shaped, to 6 cm.
Sand Pear used as apples or pears, which are eaten raw or cut down in salads and desserts. You can also use sand pears in hot meals when they are soft and cooked pieces as easily as regular pears. The fruit is about 6 weeks after harvest.
The sand pear species have already been domesticated about 2000 years ago in China and now more than 1000 name varieties. In the United States and China have sandpäronet in recent years used in processing and has been crossed with other species to produce fruit with higher quality.
Find Out More About Fruits:
👉 Fruit Information
- History Of The Boysenberry Fruit: Family Of The Raspberry 2021
- Incredible Health Benefits And Therapeutic Uses Of Bergamot Citrus Oil 2021: Know Its Origin and Distribution
- The Acorn, Oak, Acorns
👉 Fruit Recipes
- 7 Recipes Of Bananas: All The Sweet And Gooey Goodies To Try Making By Yourself 2021
- 7 Recipes Of Bosc Pears: Culinary Variations That You May Not Have Heard Of But Defo Worth A Try 2021
- 2 Recipes Of Pomelo: Asian Twist On The Largest Citrus Fruit – Make Your Own Plate Of Pomelo Salad 2021
👉 Planting And Fruit Guides