The Acorns Oak
Oak ( Quercus ) is a genus of trees in the family bokväxter with about 400 species. The genus occurs naturally in Eurasia, North Africa, North America, the Caribbean, Mexico, and south to Colombia.
The Acorn fruit, in the form of nuts, called acorns. They are egg-, cylinder-or cone-shaped, has cemented wall with yellow-brown to dark brown or reddish-brown color in the mature stage. The acorns, which can be included singly or in groups, can in some species become almost 4 cm in length but in others, they are less than 1 cm.
- Oak ( Q. robur ), also known as sommarek, stjälkek, oak and common oak
- Sessile oak ( Q. petraea ), also known as druvek and Vinterek, present in Sweden as well as oak
- Cork oak ( Q. suber ) gives the cork and Quercus variabilis
- Acorns from Quercus vallonea and Quercus macrolepis has commercial value as an ingredient in tanning.
- The bark of kvercitronek or färgek ( Q. velutina ) leaves a useful feature yellow color
- Turkey oak ( Q. cerris ), red oak ( Q. rubra ), blodek or scharlakansek ( Q. coccinea ), white oak ( Q. alba ) and Karrek ( Q. palustris ) occurs as ornamental and garden plants
Suggest us to improve this article, you can send us your article and we will change contact us.
Find Out More About Fruits:
👉 Fruit Information
- What Is A Culinary Fruit? List Of Tropical Exotic Fruit You Should Know About 2022
- Acai Berry Smoothie: The Glorious Super Fruit With Super Power – Nutritious And No Harm Done To Rainforests 2022
- Common Astringent Berries: Origins Of Bird Cherry, Mayday Tree, European Bird Cherry
👉 Fruit Recipes
- Apple Of The Tropics: 5 Recipes Of Guava From Salad Vinaigrette To Pork Tenderloin 2022
- 5 Recipes Of Meyer Lemon: Chinese And Western Cuisine With Native Chinese Citrus Full Of Flavor 2022
- 7 Recipes Of Limes: Perfect Family Dishes With Tangy Zesty Punch And Refreshing Exotic Taste 2022
👉 Planting And Fruit Guides