The Acorns Oak
Oak ( Quercus ) is a genus of trees in the family bokväxter with about 400 species. The genus occurs naturally in Eurasia, North Africa, North America, the Caribbean, Mexico, and south to Colombia.
The Acorn fruit, in the form of nuts, called acorns. They are egg-, cylinder-or cone-shaped, has cemented wall with yellow-brown to dark brown or reddish-brown color in the mature stage. The acorns, which can be included singly or in groups, can in some species become almost 4 cm in length but in others, they are less than 1 cm.
- Oak ( Q. robur ), also known as sommarek, stjälkek, oak and common oak
- Sessile oak ( Q. petraea ), also known as druvek and Vinterek, present in Sweden as well as oak
- Cork oak ( Q. suber ) gives the cork and Quercus variabilis
- Acorns from Quercus vallonea and Quercus macrolepis has commercial value as an ingredient in tanning.
- The bark of kvercitronek or färgek ( Q. velutina ) leaves a useful feature yellow color
- Turkey oak ( Q. cerris ), red oak ( Q. rubra ), blodek or scharlakansek ( Q. coccinea ), white oak ( Q. alba ) and Karrek ( Q. palustris ) occurs as ornamental and garden plants
Suggest us to improve this article, you can send us your article and we will change contact us.
Find Out More About Fruits:
👉 Fruit Information
- All You Need To Know Of The Breadfruit: The Most Energetic Tropical Fleshy Fruit
- Information About Sand Pears 2021: Scientific Names And Varieties
- Incredible Health Benefits And Therapeutic Uses Of Bergamot Citrus Oil 2021: Know Its Origin and Distribution
👉 Fruit Recipes
- 7 Recipes Of Spaghetti Squash: Replace Your Regular Spaghetti With This Low Calorie Alternative 2021
- 7 Recipes Of Apricots: Sweet Precious Summer Fruit For A Nice Dinner Surprise 2021
- Blood Tonic With Longyan Berry: Chilling With Non-Alcoholic Tropical Drink In The Summer 2021
👉 Planting And Fruit Guides