Arctic bramble ( Rubus arcticus ) is north of about 60 ° north latitude ). It is available throughout Finland and in Scandinavia, most commonly in the north, even in the mountains. It grows to the examples of wet grassland, ditches, roadsides, and skogslegor. Its range extends from Russia (with Siberia ) and North America.
Arctic bramble is Norrbotten’s county flower.
This plant is small and graceful. The petals are usually dark scarlet. The three-fingered leaf discs are often almost grid plan. The fruit is dark red or blackish red and a delicious aroma and taste (which can be described as “an association of raspberry – and strawberry flavor “). These berries ripen with difficulty in central Scandinavia and even less in southern Sweden. Ymnigast ripens in the Norrland coastal areas north of Hälsingland and they are quite common in Lapland the woodlands. Ripening occurs already in August. In his Flora Lapponica tells Linnaeus as a reason for his long description of this plant, that during his adventurous “Lapp” travel “with their worn vinlika nectar, the more often fired him when he almost sank from hunger and fatigue”, the quotation occurs in the Flora lapponica.
The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) research station in Öjebyn has crossed a hybrid between raspberry and Alaska raspberry ( Rubus arcticus ssp stellatus ). The hybrid is called allåkerbär (Rubus × stellarcticus). It can be grown all over Sweden. The taste does not reach quite åkerbärets heights
- Ikornbär – Dalarna (valley)
- Ground Raspberry – Finland
- Jungfrubär – Hälsingland (Jungfrubär may also relate to the similar nature stone bath )
- Vikon, villkon – Finland (Ostrobothnia)
The parfait can be a delicious jam. A Finnish specialty liqueur Mesimarja, which gets its flavor from the brambles.
Arcticus, from Latin arctos = North. (Compare the geographic areas of the Arctic and Antarctica .)
Castoreus of Latin Castor, which is the name of the beaver genus.
Find Out More About Fruits:
👉 Fruit Information
- All About Apricots 2021: Name, Symbol, Characteristics
- What Is A Culinary Fruit? List Of Tropical Exotic Fruit You Should Know About 2021
- How Bananas Contributed To The World Economy: Everything You Need To Know About This Exotic Tropical Fruit 2021
👉 Fruit Recipes
- 2 Recipes Of Gooseberries: Fruity Cocktail With High Vitamin C And Salad For Fun 2021
- 4 Recipes Of Tamarind: Exotic Flavours From Tropical Africa 2021
- 4 Recipes Of Coconut Water: Drinking And Dessert For Sweet Tooth 2021
👉 Planting And Fruit Guides