Avocado ( Persea americana ) is a species of the family stock plants, grown for their fruit. The species may have occurred in southern Mexico, but even before Europeans arrived were grown the way down to central Peru. Nowadays the species is grown all over the world in locations with suitable climates.
Avocado is a 20-meter high evergreen tree and 12-25 cm long leaves. The tree can not withstand frost and grows only in subtropical and tropical climates. The fruit is a knytnävsstort berry with a large nucleus. The flesh is tender and yellow to light green, while the shell, which is not going to eat, is green to dark green. A typical avocado tree produces about 120 fruits per year. The word avocado comes ultimately from ahuacatl the Aztec language Nahuatl. It literally means testicle and came into Swedish by the Spanish. The fruit used to be called even a lawyer pears, then the shape is pear-like and because of a folketymologisk access to lawyers. Other names were alligator pear or alligator pear, then shell out krokodilers and alligatorers skins.
Avocados are grown mainly in areas with the Mediterranean climate, like Mexico, California, Israel, South Africa, and Chile.
Use of Avocado
Avocados are usually eaten raw, often in entrees and salads. It is often served in halves with the core removed. To be consumed must avocados have the right degree of ripeness, then comes off the core and the shell easily and meat was a moderately smooth texture. A ripe avocado yields slightly when pressed gently at the stem. The deepening of the removed core leaves behind can be filled with various fillings. roe, mayonnaise, or simple caviar are popular ingredients in avocado in this form served as an appetizer. Avocado flesh may also be cut into smaller slices or pieces and mixed into vegetables or other salads. Avocado puree can also be used in sweet desserts as avocado ice cream and avocado mousse. Avocado is the main ingredient in the Mexican dip guacamole.
Avocado fruit is fat-rich compared to other fruits with mostly monounsaturated fat. A medium avocado provides about 25% of the recommended daily intake of saturated fat. Because of the high energy content is avocado a popular vegetable for vegetarians. Avocados are a vegetable.
- Laurus Persea L.
- Persea americana var. drymifolia (Schltdl. & Cham.) Blake
- Persea americana var. nubigena (L. Hazardous Substances Act.) Kopp
- Persea drymifolia Schltdl. & Cham.
- Persea gratissima Gaertn.f.
- Persea nubigena L. Hazardous Substances Act.
- Persea Persea Cockerel
Find Out More About Fruits:
👉 Fruit Information
- 6 Medicinal And Health Benefits Of The Medlar Fruit 2021: Origins And Varieties Of A Fruit You Probably Never Heard Of
- Citrus Fruit
- Incredible Health Benefits And Therapeutic Uses Of Bergamot Citrus Oil 2021: Know Its Origin and Distribution
👉 Fruit Recipes
- Ground Cherry Pie Recipe: Perfect Crusty Tangy Family Bake On The Weekends 2021
- 4 Recipes Of Pink Lady Apple: Crisp Apple Tarty Dishes For Sweet Tooth
- 2 Recipes Of Pomelo: Asian Twist On The Largest Citrus Fruit – Make Your Own Plate Of Pomelo Salad 2021
👉 Planting And Fruit Guides